Cards For Sale

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Color Challenge......On My Mind


Happy Hump Day Peeps!!!

Today's card share is made with the splitcoaststampers color challenge. The colors are Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue and Baja Breeze.
All pretty colors and all from the soft subtles family, but to me the baja and bashful blues don't go together so well, I struggled a bit putting it together but finally found a way that made me happy.
I decided to just use the baja on my main image panel. I stamped the flowers from the Stampin' Up Upsy Daisy stamp set onto white card stock with black stazon ink. I then sponged some certainly celery and baja breeze ink. I love the look of this and made a few cards like this when this set first came out with sunset colors.
I wanted a card to send out to a friend who had a loss recently so I chose the sentiment from this set that would tell her I was thinking of her during her difficult time. I think these flowers look nice for a sympathy card too.
 I stamped the sentiemnt with black stazon onto the white and used the large oval to punch it out. I used the scallop oval punch to punch a matt piece with some certainly celery card stock.
My card base is white card stock and then I used some bashful blue card stock. I embossed the blue card stock with the tulip frame EF. The main panel is added  to the blue embossed panel with some foam tape. I added some celery satin ribbon and some basic pearls to the corners. The sentimnet piece is added to the main panel with more foam tape.


Well, that is all from me today, thanks so much for stopping by today and HAPPY STAMPING!!!!!

Vicki


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

this is just lovely....thanks for sharing...this is a card I will be making!

Dawn Easton said...

Vicki, this is GORGEOUS....seriously beautiful! Wow! Love the embossing and your sponging of colours...simply stunning my friend!

Rhonda Langley said...

This is lovely!