Cards For Sale

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Crazy 4 Challenges....A Christmas Wish


Happy Saturday Peeps!!

Time for new challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges.

It is the last Saturday of the month and our hostess for this month 
final challenge for us is to get a jump start on our Christmas cards.

I had finally gotten my Sleigh Ride Edgelits that had been on Back order and was excited
to try them out.

I had fun making my background snowy sky.

I used some Water color paper and stamped the snow stamp over and over using Versamark
I then embossed using white embossing powder.

I then used three colors of blue to make the night sky.

I used Marina Mist, Lost Lagoon and Night of Navy,

I watered the paper down using a paint brush and then added my color starting with the lightest and graduated up to the dark ant the top.

I really love the look I achieved.



I die cut the row of houses using the thick whisper white and added over the back ground piece using dimensionals.

The Sentiment is from the Joyful Christmas stamp set and is stamped with Night of Navy ink.

I added several little silver sequin stars that I had in my stash to finish it up and add a bit of sparkle.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Vicki


2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Vicki, what a beautiful snowy scene, and I love this sweet Sleigh Ride Edgelits! What a gorgeous sky too! I love it! Saw some of your quilts on FB and am so delighted you are quilting! Beautiful work! Hugs!

Wendy said...

So pretty! Love the scene you created! Perfect for Christmas! Miss you!